How I went from HATING salad to LOVING it. I’m sharing 3 tips to help your salads go from boring to flavorful and delicious. This salad I eat throughout the week to help me stay full and lose weight. Plus, it’s really good for those struggling with PCOS like me.
Prefer the video recipe?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow along 🙂
Embarking on a journey towards a healthier lifestyle doesn’t have to mean sacrificing flavor. Our Plant-Based Salad, featuring Roasted Chickpeas and a zesty Avocado-Cilantro Dressing, is a delightful combination of colors and tastes. Beyond its deliciousness, this salad is a nutritional powerhouse, making it an excellent choice for those seeking weight loss and managing PCOS.
3 tips to Make Salad NOT suck
- Use a protein you enjoy and one that can be customized with flavor. Some of my favorites are roasted chickpeas, crispy tofu, or baked soy curls!
- For your dressing, add flavors and condiments you know will enhance your salad. Balsamic Vinegar, avocado, and tahini are all great examples of flavor enhancers.
- Have fun with your salad and be as creative as you want – this is the only way you will enjoy what you create!
Roasted Chickpeas = GAME CHANGER!
The star of the show, roasted chickpeas, not only provide a satisfying crunch but are also packed with fiber and protein. This dynamic duo promotes a sense of fullness, making it a valuable ally in your weight loss journey. These Roasted chickpeas also make a great snack if you’re looking for a healthy alternative to chips and what not.
Don’t like chickpeas? Don’t fret! Use Crispy Tofu instead- you can find a great recipe here that will go great with salad 👇🏽
Bursting with vibrant colors, the medley of tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, and red onions delivers essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These nutrients contribute to overall well-being and aid in managing PCOS symptoms.
Why choose Anti-Inflammatory Foods
Choosing anti-inflammatory foods isn’t just about trendy diets; it’s a smart move for your health. These foods, like fruits, veggies, whole grains, and nuts, pack a punch against chronic inflammation, linked to issues from arthritis to heart disease. By making these choices, you’re not just eating – you’re supporting your immune system, boosting energy, and lowering risks. It’s a simple step with big benefits for a healthier, more vibrant life. 🌱🍽️
Salad for Weight Loss? Does it Actually work?
Yes, this salad is GREAT if you’re trying to eat healthy overall or shed off a few unwanted pounds. Here’s how:
- Fullness Boost: The roasted chickpeas are filled with fiber and protein, helping you feel full and satisfied. This makes it easier to resist unhealthy snacks and control your overall calorie intake.
- Nutrient-Rich Veggies: The colorful mix of tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, and red onions gives your body essential vitamins and minerals without piling on the calories. You get the nutrients you need for energy without overdoing it on calories.
- Low-Calorie Base: The high-quality lettuce keeps the calorie count low. So, you can enjoy a generous serving without worrying about excess calories. It’s a satisfying meal without the guilt.
- Healthy Fats from Avocado: The Avocado-Cilantro Dressing adds creamy goodness with healthy fats from avocados. These fats help keep you satisfied and provide lasting energy, supporting your weight loss efforts. Plus it’s OIL free – so no unnecessary calories.
- Balanced Nutrition: Weight loss is not just about cutting calories; it’s about giving your body the right nutrients. This salad offers a mix of nutrients to keep your body functioning well while you work towards your weight loss goals.
Including this Plant-Based Salad in your meals isn’t just about eating healthier; it’s about making your weight loss journey more enjoyable and sustainable. The delicious combination of flavors and the balance of satisfying ingredients make this salad a tasty and supportive addition to your weight management plan.
Looking for the products I used in this video?
Everything I use in my videos (plus so much more) can be found on my Amazon Storefront 👇🏽
Other OIL FREE recipes you’ll LOVE
Veggie Salad with Roasted Chickpeas & Oil Free Dressing
- lettuce or leafy greens of your choice
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (canned works as well)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1-2 Thai chillis (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 Persian or English Cucumbers- chopped
- 1-2 carrots -chopped
- 1/2 red onion - thinly sliced
- 1.5 - 2 cups cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes -halved
- 1/4 cup pitted olives
- 3 tsp cayenne pepper (separated)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 450ª and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
In a bowl, add your chickpeas, 2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, and salt - toss to combine.
Add chickpeas to the lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes
In a blender (I prefer Vitamix), add your avocado, garlic, Thai chili, cilantro, juice of 1 lime, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, salt to taste, and about 1/2 cup water - blend until smooth.
Assemble your salad with your lettuce, chopped veggies, toasted chickpeas, and spoonfuls of the dressing.