No need to order in, this will be your new favorite Pad Thai fix. It's bursting with flavor, healthier, and the best part is it's all homemade. I can't even begin to describe how AMAZING this turned out. It was so delicious, I haven't wanted to eat Thai take out since.
I can't even begin to describe how AMAZING this turned out. It was so delicious, I haven't wanted to eat Thai take out since. It was so easy too! I made this in less than 30 minutes - it's the perfect quick dinner on a busy night.
I tried this recipe on NYE, the hubs and I were craving Thai food but didn't want to order in (we had some pretty bad experiences the last few times we ordered). Either they would add egg or chicken, or they'd drench it with soy sauce, or it was just too bland and the portions were ridiculously small. So I decided to make my own Thai dinner. That night I made dumplings, pad thai, and fried rice and OMG it was just so.damn.satisfying.
I used stir fry noodles, because of course I left all the grocery shopping to last minute and just used what I had on hand, BUT it still tasted great.
What I love is how easy it is to customize this dish, you can use any veggies you like and spice it up or down according to your preference. I just bought a package of shredded veggies from Wal-mart and it was perfect, it had carrots, broccoli, and cabbage. I also decided to ditch regular ol soy sauce and use Tamari instead, which you can find really anywhere. It's just a gluten free and low sodium alternative, the taste is the exact same to be honest.
This recipe was super easy and super quick, when I'm tired after work I just whip this out and it seems like it took my so long to make - it's seriously effortless, you'll love how simple the recipe is.
I do recommend using a non stick wok (especially if you're making this oil free). It makes it so much easier to mix all the veggies together.
Ingredients: Sesame Seed Oil - completely optional, you can easily omit this to make it oil free
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup shredded veggies
1/2 cup extra firm tofu
2-3 green onions - chopped
1/2 tbsp garlic paste
1 tsp red chili sauce - adjust according to taste preference
couple of splashes of Rice Vinegar
1/2 tbsp Tamari
2-3 tbsp Hoisin Sauce (BEST INGREDIENT EVER)
Thai Kitchen stir fry noodles
1. In a wok, add a couple splashes of sesame oil
2. Add in the mushrooms and shredded veggies, cook until the veggies are soft and tender
3. Add in the tofu, onions, garlic paste, and chili sauce, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes
4. Add a splash of rice vinegar and Tamari - mix well
5. Add in hoisin sauce and mix well so all the veggies are covered with the hoisin sauce. Cook on low for 5-8 minutes
6. Prepare the noodles according to package while the veggies are cooking
7. Once the noodles are done, add in to the veggie mix and combine well. Don't over mix because you don't want mushy noodles. Adjust spice level if you wish
8. Add more chopped green onions on top for garnish
9. Serve hot and indulge