The best chocolate chip banana bread recipe. This chocolate chip banana bread is the ultimate comfort food for any kind of day. Warning: Extremely Addictive!
We all have those days where nothing seems to be going right; where nothing seems to be helping. All you want to do is sit on your couch with your pup, watch some Friends, and stuff your face with comfort food.
I had one of those days yesterday- I put on Friends (the ultimate mood fixer) and was about to have cookies and milk until I thought, why not make my own comfort food. For me, baking (and cooking) fixes everything. It's that one thing that gets your mind off of everything and instantly lifts you up (especially when the end result is yummy).
Baking is so therapeutic for me, I love when the entire house smells amazing and you feel all tingly inside (or maybe that's just me hehe). I've been wanting to make banana bread for so long but never got around to doing it. I was watching Giada at Home on the Food Network the other day and she was making Blueberry Banana Bread; I took it as a sign of encouragement and got to baking.
As much as I love Blueberry pastries, I wanted to make something on the chocolate side (since that's my ultimate weakness). My recipe is slightly adapted from Giada's Blueberry Banana Bread recipe as well as Something Swanky's Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
I don't think there's anything better than the smell of cinnamon overflowing in your kitchen, it's like a little bit of Christmas: BEST FEELING EVER!
**Have a thick slice of this with a cold glass of milk...it's simply delicious.**
4 Ripe Bananas 1 Egg 1 cup Sugar 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour 1/2 tsp Baking powder 1 tsp Baking Soda 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon 1/8 tsp Salt 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (I use Nestlé Tollhouse chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350º F
2. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray and line across the short length with parchment paper, you want to have about an inch overhang on both sides.
3. Peel and mash the bananas until mostly smooth (I just used a fork).
4. Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
5. Whisk the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl until fulling incorporated, then stir in the bananas.
6. Add in the dry ingredients into the large bowl and combine well. Add in the chocolate chips and fold them into the batter, do not overmix.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle a small handful of chocolate chips on the top. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Let cool for about 15 minutes before removing the loaf to a wire rack to cool completely.